Benefits of WOS Membership
- Personal subscription to The Wilson Journal of Ornithology, in print and electronic form or electronic only (click here for instructions on how to access the WJO as a WOS member)
- Eligibility to apply for WOS awards and research grants
- Eligibility to become elected as a member of Council or Officer
- Discounted annual meeting registration fees
- 50% discount on author page charges to publish in The Wilson Journal of Ornithology
- 30% discount on book purchases from Princeton University Press (contact us if you need us to re-send your members-only discount code)
- Access to the online WOS membership directory via our online membership portal
- Access to a wide range of professional development opportunities
- Borrowing privileges from the Josselyn Van Tyne Library
- Your membership also supports partner organizations that the WOS supports!
Categories & Dues
|Online Journal Only||Online + Print|
|Family (one copy of the journal shared among family members)||$50||$70|
|Life (may be paid in four consecutive installments)||$1000||$1500|
The WOS recognizes unique hardships that many have endured from the COVID-19 pandemic. If a COVID-19 related issue has resulted in your inability to maintain a prior membership category, we will work with you to make sure that your connection to our community remains. Please contact WOS President Tim O’Connell (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly to inquire.
All memberships are for a calendar year. Payments received after 1 October will begin membership the following year.
If you have any questions regarding your membership, please contact the WOS administration office at WOS@allenpress.com or call 785-865-9405 during Central Time Zone Business Hours of 8 AM to 4:30 PM. You may also direct questions to Membership Chair Peter Saenger (email@example.com).